"I believe that faith and learning are intimately connected. God gave us a natural curiosity, and He created in us a desire to learn. I believe that learning, when done with the intent of glorifying God and building His kingdom here on earth, is an expression of worship."Addison Lucchi
Awards & Honors
- Continuing Education Grant: College and University Libraries Section of the Kansas Library Association, 2017
- Continuing Education Grant: Northeast Kansas Library System, 2017
- Inquiry Grant in the amount of $1,000 to investigate the cloud-based eLearning authoring tool eCoach, 2017
- Nomination for Graduate of the Last Decade Award, Ball State University, 2016
- Merit Scholarship, Simmons College, 2015
- Dollars For Scholars Award, Kansas City Power and Light, 2011
- Honors Distinction Scholarship, Ball State University, 2011
- Bold Scholars Award, Ball State University, 2011
Library presentations at AOL and Project SURE.
- Lucchi, A. (2018). Know what you write: Creative research for creative writers. Presentation presented at the One Year Adventure Novel 2018 Summer Workshop, Olathe, KS.
- Lucchi, A. (2017). Piktochart for Libraries. Presentation presented at the North Carolina Library Association Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Lucchi, A. (2017). “Agents of Change”: A Gamified Information Literacy Course. Presentation presented at the NC LITe Biannual Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Lucchi, A. (2018) The facts of fiction: Research for creative writing. Brick and Clock Conference Proceedings.
- Lucchi, A. (2018). The writerly librarian: Creativity and writing. In V. Gubnitskaia and C. Smallwood (Eds.), Creativity and personal growth for librarians. Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- Lucchi, A. (2017). Engaging online learners. ACRL Instruction Section Newsletter.
Involvement at MNU
- Institutional Repository Committee, 2018-Present
- Intercultural Engagement Taskforce, 2018-Present
- Honors College Advisory Committee, 2017-Present
- Kansas Library Association, 2017-Present
- Library Instruction Roundtable, American Library Association Membership Committee, August 2017-Present
- Association of College and Research Libraries, 2016-Present
- Association of Christian Librarians, 2016-Present
- American Library Association, 2015-Present
- Upright bassist, as needed for MNU Fine Arts performances